Thanks to all who in any way supported this year’s annual luncheon! This is the most important fundraiser of the year to allow the 200 Club of Mercer County to be there for the families of our first responders in times of devastating loss.
It also allows us to recognize specific acts of valor during the previous year.
This year’s R. Peter Hodge Valor Honorees:
- Princeton Police Detective Adam Basatemur
- Princeton Police Detective Sergeant Benjamin Gering
- Trenton Police Officer Freddy Jimenez
- NJ State Police Detective Rasheed Joaquin
- NJ State Police Sergeant Curtis Sand
- New Jersey State Police Lieutenant Tom Wieczerak
- New Jersey State Police Sergeant Joe Itri
Special Recognition and Valor pins were also awarded to the six officers of the Mercer County Task Force, who met gunfire, when they attempted to serve an arrest warrant – a situation that led to a dramatic and life-threatening 36-hour standoff. The officers involved were: Mercer County Prosecutor’s Office Detective Anthony Abarno; Sheriff’s Detectives William Perez, Joseph Tuccillo and Steven Niederer; NJ State Parole Board Officers Timothy Healy and Barry Volkert.
We were also so pleased to have Bill Spadea present keynote remarks in support of all the police, fire and rescue in our community.
Enjoy the 2018 luncheon photos: